The Valley Project is committed to providing a safe, stimulating environment ensuring a consistent and accessible service that meets the needs of the children and families attending.
We welcome suggestions on how to improve our setting and we will give prompt and serious attention to any concerns about the running of the setting.
It is the hope of The Valley Project that all concerns will reach a satisfactory conclusion for all concerned. To help us to achieve that outcome the following procedure will be followed.
• Any parent/carer who has a concern about any aspect of the setting is encouraged to discuss this with the Project Co-ordinators
• Most complaints should be resolved informally at this stage.
• The complaint and outcome will be recorded.
• If the parent/carer is not satisfied with the response/outcome the parent/carer will proceed to stage 2 and put the complaint in writing to the Project Co-ordinators or Board of Trustees.
• All complaints will be recorded in the complaints log.
• The Project Co-ordinators or Board of Trustees will investigate the complaint and record a detailed account of how the complaint is resolved.
• The Valley Project will formally acknowledge the complaint within 5 working days.
• When the complaint has been investigated the Project Co-ordinators or Board of Trustees will notify the complainant of the outcome within 28 days of having received the complaint.
• If the parent/carer is not satisfied with the outcome of the investigation he/she should request a meeting with the Project Co-ordinators and / or Board of Trustees.
• The complaint will be discussed and a written record of the discussion and agreed decision or action made.
• All parties present at the meeting will sign and date the written record and receive a copy. The record will be stored in the complaints log.
• The signed record signifies that the procedure has concluded.
Complaints can be addressed to:
The Board of Trustees / Project Co-ordinator
The Valley Project
If a child appears to be at risk the setting will follow the procedure of the Local Safeguarding Children’s Board. In these cases, the Project Co-ordinators will work with the Local Safeguarding Children’s Board to ensure investigation of the complaint, followed by appropriate action.
All complaints against our setting, and/or the children and/or the adults working in our setting will be recorded in detail in the complaints log.
The Project Co-ordinators are responsible for managing complaints.